Favorite Hookah Flavors

  • Peach Mint
  • Guava Lemon
  • Lemon Mint
  • White Peach

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Zankou Chicken

Now, I know what you are thinking. I don't actually, but I might guess and say "what!? This is a hookah blog. Zankou is a chain Armenian restaurant that does NOT serve hookah. Riddle me that!?" Ok. Stop. The purpose of this blog is yes, that we love hookah, but also that we love all things middle eastern- which most definitely includes food. And the fact that Hello Viken was outraged that I had never been to Zankou, rightfully so.

Good stuff, and not bad prices. For 9.99, I got a combo kebab plate (lule and chicken) with good rice, a big slab of more than decent hummus, veggies (tomatoes and cucumbers) and onions. HV's beef looked good too, and I definitely stole some tahini and red onions from him. For a go-to spot on a Tuesday night, perfect! The vibe is also pretty cool. It's like hanging out at a McDonald's, except you don't feel like you are sitting in a heart attack bubble (no offense to McDonald's. It's more the people that are around you that make you feel that way). We sat and blabbed for more than three hours (watching both tables and shifts change), and no one even looked twice.

Random Fact: HV's car is known as "cucumber". It is indeed the color of a cucumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment